Friday, March 29, 2013

Same Sex Marriages

We've heavily discussed the benefits and vices of same sex marriages. I personally believe the idea of same sex marriages is not ordained of God, I would like to clarify that I personally do no judge or diss those who do practice. I personally feel that children can have the best growth and development if they are raised by a father and mother. We viewed this video in class:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRhGDmdG4dk

We also discussed the idea of courage in our day today. I personally believe those who have stood up for their beliefs against those who wish to discredit their views is courageous, on both sides of the same sex marriage coin. I understand it takes great courage for a person to openly admit they are homosexual to their family and community. Likewise, I believe it is also very courageous for a little girl to openly speak about her stance on this issue and stand for her parents and her personal growth.

I think this topic of same sex marriage is something that we can not simply sit on the sidelines anymore with. I believe this topic is going to heavily influence all families here in the United States. I believe the idea of idly sitting by and not owning a side is far gone. There are some who believe in equality. There are others who believe that families and the sanctity of marriage is under attack. I believe the time is now to make a courageous stand and own it.

No comments:

Post a Comment