Friday, March 15, 2013

Conflict

Conflict - to come into collision or disagreement; be contradictory, at variance, or in opposition; clash or discord of action, feeling, or effect; antagonism or opposition, as of interests or principles: a conflict of ideas. This is the official definition according to Dictionary.com. 

We were asked whether or not we "like conflict" more rather small conflict. If we did we were to raise our hands. I was one of the people who raised their hand. I wasn't doing so just to be funny or obstinate, but I truly appreciate those times of conflict because of the end result. The time going through the conflict is hard and sometimes feels like surrender is the only option moving forward, however perseverance is crucial to seeing the blessings of conflict. 

My wife and I have been taught very well in terms of communication and how to work through conflict. I am grateful for conflict because I know, with the help of my wife, I can get through any conflict. I know the small conflicts help us to know how to effectively work together to be able to better tackle bigger conflicts. I know that conflicts will arise. I appreciate or "like" conflicts because of the growth, deepened love for my wife, and the sanctifying power that comes through them. I do not want to sound arrogant or seem to tempt the Lord, but I can appreciate them when they do come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment